Latest Happenings.... (Don't forget to 'like' us on Facebook to stay on top of all the latest happenings)
October 16, 2014
October 15, 2014
October 5, 2014
October brings about our Annual Resident’s Rights Rally held at the Capital Steps (Rotunda in event of inclement weather) where many of the issues and concerns facing our Arkansas Nursing Home Residents are discussed in honor of National Residents’ Rights month. The rally is being held on Monday, October 13th at 11:00 a.m.
Please check out our newsletter where you’ll find:
- Information about the rally including an agenda
- A letter from AANHR President, Martha Deaver with her personal invitation for you to join the Rally.
- Notes from our guest speaker at the September monthly meeting, Priscilla Pittman
- “An Unconditional Arkansas Collaborative Special Project” – bringing an Arkansas native back home for his Long Term Care needs
- Information for the upcoming election of 2015 Officers and Board Members – to be held at the November 10th meeting.
There is no monthly meeting held in October. The Residents’ Rights Rally replaces it.
We look forward to seeing you at the steps of the Capital.
September 1, 2014
Please see the attached newsletter with details about the September Monthly meeting. Joining us this month is Priscilla Pittman who will visit with us about communication and how to understand un-met needs.
Also, the following is contained in the newsletter:
- Martha Deaver shares information about investigating nursing home deaths developed by former Pulaski County Coroner Mark Malcolm.
- The program for the 11th Annual Residents’ Rights Rally
- A feature article about Mark Malcolm and his efforts in Arkansas
- A recap of the information shared at the July 14th Meeting with guest speaker Sam Sellers of Home Helpers.
We look forward to seeing you at this months meeting on Monday, September 8.
It’s time once again for our Annual Residents’ Rights Rally to be held at the steps to the Arkansas State Capitol. Join us once again to support AANHR, their continuing efforts to ensure our family members are properly cared for in the State’s Nursing Homes and gain valuable insight into what it takes to make that all happen. See the attached flyer for the agenda and additional information.
July 8, 2014
Please read the attached article about our veterans who found themselves in a difficult situation when the Little Rock Veterans Home closed last year.Click Here
Visit the Newsletters section for the July 2014 edition of the AANHR Newsletter. Inside you’ll find:
• This month’s meeting topic: Complaints To The Office of Long Term Care with guest speaker Stormy Smith
• Martha shares with us information about Medicaid Money
• Care Plans and Assessment
• …and more
May 30, 2014
The May & June 2014 Newsletters have been added to the “Newsletters” section of the site.
May 17, 2014
AANHR President Martha Deaver speaks out about abuses and blind eyes in the Legislative and Judicial Branches of Arkansas. Read it by clicking here: May 16 Letter
April 28, 2014
To see all the pictures from the rally, click here.
Click here to see all updates or to log in / register to the Blog.